Thursday, June 28, 2012

Temptation - Acrylic Painting

One of the pleasures of summer is the bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables.  Is it possible to resist this tasty temptation with its cheesecake base, creamy whip topping, sweet strawberry glaze, and luscious plump red berry.... ah no I confess after the photo shoot I devoured it right down to that last little drop of strawberry glaze.

Just like music, artwork triggers memories both during the painting process as well as when I look back on them.  As I sit here looking at this painting with the song Summer Wine by Deana Carter playing  in the background my memory spirals me back to other summers. Gorging on fresh fruits, the strawberries being the first fruits of the summer, running around barefoot, swimming in Harrison Lake, sleep outs with friends, endless days and long hot summer nights, first loves, temptations.....

Temptation

12" x 12" acrylic on canvas

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21 PM

    Nice Post! Thank you very much. This really helped me with my work. I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot. Have a look at my latest painting: Still Life Oil Paintings - Decorate your space with art.

    ReplyDelete