Sunday, January 19, 2014

01/365 Grateful - Coffee and Books

01 of 365 - Coffee and Books

My love affair with books began back in 4th grade starting with the Trixie Belden series written by Julie Campbell Tatham and a wonderful teacher Mrs. Theriault, who brought the stories to life for me, I remember eagerly awaiting each new twist and turn of the plot immersing myself in the words, taking part in the adventures and escaping into new worlds.

Throughout the years I have read book after book and as modern technology dictates I have advanced to using a e-reader, but as you can see traditional books still play a large part in my life. Currently in my reading pile are:

Girl #85 A Doukhobor Childhood by Helen Chernoff Freeman,
Confident Color by Nita Leland which is an old favorite,
Doodling in French by Anna Corba, lately I seem to be interested in all things french.
In the Footsteps of the Group of Seven by Jim and Sue Waddington

A bit of a mixed bag as you can see, interspersed among them are four journal books (we all have things we cannot resist and journal books are one of mine, even though I do not journal, maybe this will be the year I start) as well as my e-reader.

Coffee, ahhh what can I say, coffee is life, the nectar of gods and what wakes me up and keeps me going. Is it even possible to live without it. Seeing as it's New Years Day I think a dash of Baileys is called for to welcome in 2014.
Cheers!



2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy "in the footsteps.." Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to you and Sue for undertaking such an extensive project as "In The Footsteps of the Group of Seven" I enjoyed it tremendously and recommend it highly as a must have.

    Melodie

    ReplyDelete